Vita Group - The year that was
A controversial new United States President, the United Kingdom voting to leave the European Union, Richie choosing Alex over Nikki on the Australian Bachelor – 2016 has been a game-changing year for many people.
But what kind of year has it been for Vita Group? As 2017 fast approaches, let’s look back at some of our most notable moments over the past 12 months, and there have been many!
- Vita gets behind Act for Kids: We started off the year announcing Act for Kids as the Vita Foundation’s Hero Charity and throughout 2016 we raised $200,000 to support to children and families who have experienced, or are at risk of, child abuse and neglect. Read more here: http://www.vitagroup.com.au/script/ext/newsitemx.asp?ObjectID=91FB4E5C-40EA-4C61-8A63-F4F9B818060D.
- Telstra extends our Telstra Dealer and Master Licence Agreement: March saw the announcement that Telstra had extended our Telstra Dealer and Master Licence Agreement to August 2020, a clear indication of the strength of the partnership and the shared value of both Telstra and Vita.
- Another strong financial result: In August, we were pleased to announce our FY16 results. Our group revenue totalled $645 million, an increase of 19% on FY15, and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were $66.1 million, an increase of 31% on last financial year. As Vita Chairman, Dick Simpson commented in our FY16 Annual Report, these results are in large part due to our ‘people first’ approach; “We are a people business and the investment in this area translates directly to financial performance,” he said. Read our FY16 Annual Report here: http://annualreport.vitagroup.com.au/?ReturnURL=/Default.asp.
- Success across our channels: This year, nearly nine million customers walked through the doors of our retail points of presence and we continued to achieve growth in our small to medium business channel. We also expanded our Vita Enterprise Solutions team from 40 to more than 100, while opening new offices in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Introducing SQDAthletica: Vita has always said that we do things a little bit differently and in 2016, we proved that, by launching a unique new men’s lifestyle brand, SQDAthletica. SQDAthletica is a brotherhood, inspiring men to be fit for life. But it’s so much more than that … SQDAthletica sells clothing, lifestyle accessories, eyewear and skincare for men. Check them out: https://www.sqdathletica.com/.
- Community engagement at an all-time high: Community engagement is important to Vita, with our CEO, Maxine Horne saying; “It’s about more than just giving back. It’s about being part of our local communities.” Well, over the past twelve months, our teams have done just that. Our retail team participated in 350 local events and supported 150 schools and sporting clubs. Our Telstra Business Centres staged more than 150 community engagement activities, in addition to holding #drivingbusiness roadshows in 16 locations with over 1,000 attendees, and our Vita Enterprise Solutions team has also been active sponsoring local events and staging boardroom lunches. Our Support Centre were also active throughout the year, supporting a number of causes including Act for Kids and Orange Sky Laundry and participating in a number of initiatives from charity golf days to True Grit.
Vita Group is a leading provider of brands that enhance people’s way of life. We are proven experts in delivering exceptional, personalised experiences and products that solve our customers’ current and future needs.